Monday, September 7, 2009

The Key Ingredient


"The key ingredient in being in contact with reality is attention to what feels most true at the present moment."--Soul Without Shame is a book that deals with your "inner crtique". This seemingly simple statement bears quite a bit of weight in the author's premise. So far, this book has been very helpful to me and I find myself amazed that someone else has shared the same type of struggles that I do. I've experienced some hefty "epiphany moments" with this author. But the thought that rings so loud and clear above all the rest of even this author's suggestions are --using two of the author's words: "most true". To me, that can only be one thing, His presence, the presence of God. Add to that a few words of encouragement from my mother years and years ago..."Practice in His Presence!"---now that's what I call reality's key ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment