Tuesday, February 21, 2012

air safety

I think I've changed my mind about traveling through airports.   The airport security staff and others at the airport now make it unpleasant and military.  Perhaps those of you under the age of 35 are resilient enough to be accepting of all the new protocols for "safety".  For me, right now, it's difficult to recognize the country I live in any longer.  I don't like to be told to take off my shoes, get x-rayed (every time now), shed my jacket....and oh...yeah...don't forget that pretty scarf around your neck has to come off and go through the xray too!  The air of "suspicion" for me is overwhelming. Necessary?  Who really knows!  Perhaps having  Peter Weir's, "The Way Back"--a novel about a group of prisoners who escape from a Siberian Gulag camp during World War II accompany me for reading sure didn't help my frame of mind!  AND enduring the most turbulant airplane rides this time around AND having one of my ears close up on me due to the cold I was fighting didn't help either!

No comments:

Post a Comment